Re: usbaudio autosuspend status

--- El sáb 3-abr-10, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> > It would be great if the device just suspend
> automatically out of the box when not in use.
>
> I agree.  You'll just have to convince somebody to add
> autosuspend
> support to the usbaudio driver.  It shouldn't be very
> hard to do if all
> you want is for autosuspend to kick in when the device file
> is closed.

Mmmm, I was checking the archives before posting and I saw that Oliver Neukum was working on it in 2008 here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/124

And here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/1028
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/2922

That's why I was asking for the status of this work.

I suppose this hardware is very common on many laptops and with all the work being done in runtime power management it would be a good idea for someone with the knowledge to nail this down.

Thanks a lot for the workaround of manually suspending the device, at least with this I can give my battery a little boost.

Regards,

William

      Encuentra las mejores recetas en Yahoo! Cocina.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/