Re: usbmon problem

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Alan Stern wrote:
>
> > Maybe we could have the scatter-gather library put pointers to the
> > scatterlist elements in the URBs, and then for each URB have usbmon
> > call dma_sync_sg() with nelems set to 1 (see
> > Documentation/DMA-API.txt).  I'm not sure whether this will work
> > properly if the original scatter-gather list contained more than one
> > element, but it probably will.  I can ask.
>
> Here's a patch.  Oliver, does it fix your problem?

Oliver, has there been any opportunity to test this?  I'd like to get
it submitted well before 2.6.34 is released.

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=126901183419219&w=2

On another note, I just noticed a little problem in the anchor API.
usb_unlink_anchored_urbs() tries to unlink the URBs on the anchor's
list, so long as the list is non-empty.  But contrary to the comment,
unlinking doesn't remove an URB from the anchor until the URB
completes, so this will end up busy-waiting for the completions.  The
loop should skip over URBs that have already been unlinked
(urb->unlinked != 0).

Alan Stern