Re: usb resume errors

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Gadiyar, Anand <gadiyar@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Oliver Neukum wrote:
>>
>> Am Donnerstag, 25. März 2010 11:22:41 schrieb Sriram V:
>> >    Thank You, I went through the errata document.  Probably that
>> > explains the usb suspend-resumes failures.
>>
>> Can you make a link to this erratum available publically?
>
> This is the public errata document for the 3530. The internal one
> is a little more detailed though.
>
> See page 94 for the description.
> <http://focus.ti.com/lit/er/sprz278e/sprz278e.pdf>
>

>> >    Now that we use this part on your board. Cant we support
>> > suspend-resume for other interfaces at all without getting "usb resume
>> > failures"
>> >    My understanding is - If suspend-resume has to work then we need to
>> > put all the interfaces to suspend.
>> >    Is there a workaround/hack?
>>
>> Have you tried to set the reset resume quirk for the root hub?
>
> A root-hub reset resume might work of course. Good idea!

I tried the following:

1) Added a Quirk for the root-hub for ehci host controller
      { USB_DEVICE(0x1d6b, 0x0002), .driver_info = USB_QUIRK_RESET_RESUME },

2) In suspend - I put PHY in reset by doing a making USB_PHY_RESET_GPIO = 0.
3) In resume - I bring PHY out of reset in resume by doing a
USB_PHY_RESET_GPIO = 1.

But, I still get the following prints and the devices get
re-enumerated and i am able to access them after resume.
pm_op(): usb_dev_resume+0x0/0x18 returns -19
PM: Device 1-2.1 failed to resume: error -19

I also tried doing a reset for the hub and i get the same result.
Trying to figure out what is happening and why this error occurs.

Thank you,

Regards,
sriram