RE: USB on omap2430

-----Original Message-----
From: Felipe Balbi [mailto:felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:17 PM
To: Viral Mehta
Cc: linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: USB on omap2430

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 03:53:10PM +0100, ext Viral Mehta wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am working on OMAP2430 and for me with linux2.6.33, USB is simply not
>working. Board is not even able to boot if I just enable Host Support.

> OHCI or MUSB ??
MUSB. Here are the config options enabled.

CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC=y
CONFIG_USB_MUSB_SOC=y

#
# OMAP 243x high speed USB support
#
CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HOST=y
# CONFIG_USB_MUSB_PERIPHERAL is not set
# CONFIG_USB_MUSB_OTG is not set
CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC_HCD=y
# CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY is not set
CONFIG_USB_INVENTRA_DMA=y

I have switches (2,6,7) on s6 are "ON"

>I am seeing some patches for OMAP2430 USB support since few days.

> which patches ?
I meant that if I need to take any patches after 2.6.33 which could be potential bug fix.

>Anyone really tested USB on OMAP2430 hardware? Or any idea whether it
>will work with head of linus tree or anything like that ?

>when you tell us exactly what you mean, I guess we can help better.

>However, I just figured out that camera module and i2c are not
>supported for OMAP2430 with latest kernel and the support is dropped
>since 2.6.14 kernel.

> i2c should be fully supported, don't know about camera though.
This is a separate issue, but yeah there is no driver for camera sensor.
When I tried to forward port ex3691_sensor driver and I implemented .detect method,
I received message that this is not supported and I am not sure but it was about some HW problem.

Looking at help in Kconfig for CONFIG_I2C_OMAP, it says

If you say yes to this option, support will be included for the                                                       │
I2C interface on the Texas Instruments OMAP1/2 family of processors.                                                  │
Like OMAP1510/1610/1710/5912 and OMAP242x.

Not mentioned for OMAP2430 or OMAP243x.
Anyway, I think I will post I2C related query on Linux.omap.com

>This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
>intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
>not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
>from your system.

> btw,

> you should avoid this kind of footer when sending mails to the mailing
> lists.
Sorry, about this.
--
balbi