Re: System hangs when using USB 3.0 HD with on Ubuntu

> > > lspci -vvv:
> > >
> > > Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0411:0184 MelCo., Inc.
> > > Device Descriptor:
> > >   bLength                18
> > >   bDescriptorType         1
> > >   bcdUSB               2.10
>
> > What's interesting here is that the USB 3.0 device came up as a High
> > Speed device rather than a SuperSpeed device (you can tell from bcdUSB).
>
> No; according the line from the dmesg log it connected at SuperSpeed.
> However that lsusb output might not be from the same session as the
> dmesg line.  Or the device's bcdUSB value may simply be wrong.

You're right Alan. The lsusb is from when I connected the device to a
USB 2.0 port (because I wanted to check whether it works as a USB 2.0
device at least). Sorry for the confusion. Upgrading to Ubuntu Lucid
Beta 1 right now, whose kernel is based on 2.6.32.9. Will let you know
as soon as I know more.
-Jonas