question: mixing synchronous and asynchronous urb calls

Hi all,

Does the usb subsystem impose any restrictions on mixing asynchronous
(usb_submit_urb()) and synchronous (usb_bulk_msg(), et. al.) calls?  For
example, do the callbacks for asynchronously submitted urbs have to complete
before a synchronous call is made?  Or must locking be implemented to prevent
a synchronous call from coinciding with an asynchronous call?  I suspect at
least the latter because usb_bulk_msg() started sometimes returning ETIMEDOUT
when I stared calling usb_submit_urb() from a tasklet.

Thanks,

Mike

----