question re: USB:usb-serial: replace shutdown with disconnect,release patch backport to 2.6.28 or 2.6.29

Hi Alan,
This is a question re patch:
USB:usb-serial: replace shutdown with disconnect,release.

This patch was backported to kernel-2.6.27.40 on December 8, 2009 and
we would like to know if there is a plan to make similar changes to
kernels 2.6.28 and 2.6.29. If yes, do you know when those patches might
be submitted?

The reason we are asking is so that we can pro-actively update our
drivers which we make available on our corporate website. At the moment
the drivers for these kernel versions _do_ have the usb_serial_driver
structure which has an entry for .shutdown. If these kernels will change
we'd like to make sure we provide a version of the driver to match.

Thankyou

Elina

PS - The sierra.c driver included in those kernel versions is out of date
compared with the ones we provide on our website. So even though the
built-in drivers will be modified to match the patch, we still need to
update our copies.