Re: Excess USB uevents

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 16:32 -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> The new calls are triggered by udev-acl, which apparently runs at
> these
> times and reads through all the /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/uevent files.
> Each file generates a debug message in the log.
>
> Is udev-acl supposed to do that?  What's the purpose?

Libudev provides callers with device information. This information
includes all the properties of the device, which are not only stored in
the udev database, but also provided by the kernel's "uevent" file.

We are working on simplifying that, and udev-acl might get more
efficient in the future, without the need to collect all the
information, it does not really need.

But for now, it's the standard libudev behavior to read the "uevent"
file if asked for device information.

Thanks,
Kay