Re: bluetooth adapters keep disconnecting with an "USB disconnect"

I did the same tests with Edimax adapters (also BT 2.1 and class 1), but got the same disconnects. I also found out that the Edimax and the Vivanco adapters both have the Bluecore4 chip that Manuel spoke of.
@Manuel: what was your exact problem and could I have the same?

CSR already brought out Bluecore7 chips (http://www.csr.com/products/bcrange.htm). Does anybody know if there are adapters with a Bluecore6 or Bluecore7 chip on the market?
We do our own designs, with long range bluetooth, which means we need a bit more of power to feed the device. I don't think it's the same case for your other adapters. Regarding BC6 or BC7 I don't think you can buy those chips yet, I'm sure you can't buy BC7

Regards,
Manuel