Re: composition switch design

> Since you want to support dynamic configuration, why not use multiple
> USB configurations?
>
> Alan Stern

We want our device to work with windows xp. As you might know windows
xp always choose 1st configuration. And there is no way user can
select another configuration in windows.

Though Linux supports multiple configurations and user can select any
configuration via sysfs, it is always good to have an option in the
device (say phone) UI.

I have a crazy thought (and absolutely no idea how this can be done)
like composite driver registering all possible configurations (with
different functions) and modify cdev->config list to expost first
configuration based on user input. This way we can make our device
with windows and also have a facility to select a different
configuration from host (running Linux).

Thanks,
Pavan