Re: bluetooth adapters keep disconnecting with an "USB disconnect"

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Peter Kornatowski wrote:

> >So to get an exact correspondence, begin with the number of seconds
> >since startup and divide by 65536.  Multiple the remainder by one
> >million, add in the additional microseconds, and take the low-order 32
> >bits of the result.  That's what the usbmon log contains.
>
> Ok I did the math for the first timestamp (24951.136468) in the
> attached syslog_disconnect.log file. I got 3476299988 and grepped for
> it, but no line matched.

Darn it, I was wrong again.  The usbmon code _does_ use the time of
day.  So the value you need to begin with is the number of seconds
since January 1, 1970, not the number of seconds since startup.

However, when I did that calculation (you are in timezone +0100,
right?), the value I got (2349359744) still didn't match the usbmon
log.  I don't know why not.

>  So I grepped for " 3476299" (added a space
> before the first digit and cut the last 3 ones) and received what is
> in the attached file usbmon_timestamp.log. I Also grepped for
> "1:002:" and received what is in the attached file usbmon_1_002.log.
> Hopefully this will help, thanks a lot!

The information in the usbmon trace also looks exactly like a normal
disconnect followed shortly by a reconnect.

Alan Stern