Re: Simple USB raw data drivers or APIs

So this question might be better geared for a
users forum or list but I'll give it a go here
first since you guys have been so helpful.

The instructions for the g_serial driver
indicate that you should use minicom from the
host side.  I'm already using minicom from the
host side in order to communicate with my board.
I also don't have minicom on my gadget board.

Is there a way to use the device without minicom
or from the command line?  I'm guessing that in
both the host and gadget case I'll need to open
each device in an application and use write()
and read()?  I'm guessing that minicom opens up
said devices and performs reads and writes to the
generic serial device drivers?

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Right
now I mostly just want to verify that things are
working, so if I can do a echo "Hello world" > /dev
/ttySG0 or something else.

Thanks for all the help.

Ron