ez usb fx2 reset

Hello,

Been writing a kernel driver to access an fx2 based board and having some
trouble. I'd like to download vendor firmware into this but it wasn't coming up
after the firmware download/reset (did the typical external first, inactivate
internal codes next, full reset). So as a test I wanted to just reset (toggling
cpu_regs 1 then 0) the base firmware (which has A3 support, the 'FX2 Loader'
firmware). The device then started misbehaving.

After this simple reset, I could no longer get the configuration descriptor, as
I could before reset (no data, -61, returned for  usb_get_descriptor(dev->udev,
USB_DT_CONFIG, 0, dev->config_descriptor, sizeof(*dev->config_descriptor) ). The
strange thing here, is that /proc/bus/usb/devices has the configuration
information, as does Sysfs.

Though I don't understand the call, a call to:

usb_reset_configuration(dev->udev);

after reset did not fix the problem.

Anyone know how to get this simple reset to bring the device back to a
query-able state?

John