Re: SD card write speed slow in Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64 but its fine on 8.04.3TLS i386.

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 07:28:55PM -0700, Gomez, Camilo F wrote:
> How do you turn this on?
> Do I need to recompile kernel with this flag? Or is it simply an environment variable?
> Please send me more details how to turn it on :)

You might need to recompile your kernel.  It's under Device Drivers->
USB support-> USB verbose debug messages.  Most distros have this kernel
config option turned on by default.

Along with dmesg, it's also useful to follow the directions for the USB
monitor (USB mon) in Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt of the Linux kernel
source tree.  You can find an online version of the file here:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt

I'm moving this discussion to the linux-usb mailing list, since the
other Linux USB developers might remember a know bug/work around.

Sarah Sharp