Re: Reporting submission errors in usbmon

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:14:36 -0500 (EST)
Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In mon_text_error(), why are ep->busnum and ep->tstamp set to 0?  A
> simple oversight?  mon_bin_error() does set ep->busnum, although it
> also avoids storing the timestamp.
>
> It's true that the timestamp doesn't much matter since this event must
> come close on the heels of the preceding submission event.  But storing
> a proper timestamp isn't hard, and submission errors don't occur very
> often.

Wait, I remember how it works now. The connection with the submission
is in the ID. We only ever return 'C' or 'E', but never both, so
monitoring applications can match them 1 to 1. So, it's not important
how close the 'E' is to its 'S'.

I'll add the stamps, just to make the output look nicer, but it's not
like they matter.

-- Pete