Re: Ubuntu RT2X00 WIFI USB Driver Kernel NULL pointer Dereference&Use-After-Free Vulnerability

How is the patch development progressing? We would like to conduct a
full verification test. It’s possible that many drivers have this
issue, so you could try a simple fix, and we’ll see how it works.
Recently, we tested some embedded devices where the operating systems,
due to automated operations involving WiFi drivers, had UDEV rules
built-in or granted significant permissions to USB. This allows the
PoC to cause a kernel crash without needing root or sudo.

Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2024年8月14日周三 22:55写道: