Re: Issues while implementing DWC3 on an Actions S700 chip

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2024, Ana Clara Forcelli wrote:
> Hi there, I have been trying to reply to the last thread but for some
> reason my emails might not have reached you.
>
> I was trying to make the mainline kernel work, but the system won't
> run without the Debian patches. Is the 6.9.10 kernel from Debian's
> testing repository recent enough?
>
> Many thanks!

I've recently gotten back from my break. So I may not have a chance to
respond to your query.

It's good that you're able to use the newer kernel version, despite it
not being Mainline. We'll see how far we can get with v6.9.10. I have to
make some assumptions that the dwc3 and xhci drivers are not modified.

Can you provide feedbacks on these to give us some clues:
* Did you enable any quirk in your controller (from the old kernel)?
* For the devices that do work, what speed can they operate? Can they
  work in both SuperSpeed and Highspeed?
* Have you tried disabling power savings?
  (Check if you have "usb3-lpm-capable" or "usb2-lpm-disable")
* Does reloading the xhci driver recover the issue?
* Can you capture the dmesg and xhci tracepoints of the issue for the
  newer kernel?

BR,
Thinh