Re: [RFC] USB: ipeth: race between ipeth_close and error handling

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for the patch and patience!

> ipheth_sndbulk_callback() can submit carrier_work
> as a part of its error handling. That means that
> the driver must make sure that the work is cancelled
> after it has made sure that no more URB can terminate
> with an error condition.
>
> Hence the order of actions in ipeth_close() needs
> to be inverted.

The change looks reasonable to me. It's been a while, but do you perhaps
recall how you stumbled upon this? Was that a proactive fix, or was it
wondering if this is something I could test/reproduce.

I'm planning to submit a few patches for ipheth shortly, would it be
alright with you if I included yours in the series as well? If so, I'll
fix ipeth -> ipheth spelling if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Foster