Re: USB: Issue with WASD keyboard connected through Lenovo docking station on resume

On 2024-05-30 15:29, Alan Stern wrote:
[...]
It sounds like the hub that the keyboard is plugged into on the dock
doesn't work right all the time.  You could try plugging the keyboard
into a different hub (interpose one between it and the dock if necessary
-- or for that matter, interpose one between it and the laptop,
bypassing the dock).

I've upgraded the dock firmware (Windows only upgrade process
unfortunately) from 1.0.14 to 1.0.23 and the issue still occurs.
I noticed that Windows also failed to bring up the keyboard when
docking, so the issue is not Linux-specific.

I've followed your advice and plugged the keyboard using my Dell
monitor as USB hub, and it works fine now. So the underlying dock
issue is not solved, but at least I have a work-around that works
for my use-case.

Thanks!

Mathieu

--