Re: Assistance getting the Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB to work with Linux

You should use Reply-to-All so that your message goes to the mailing
list as well as to me.

On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 11:22:44PM +0000, Ethin Probst wrote:
> On Sunday, May 12th, 2024 at 09:13, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Most likely, Windows sends some firmware to the device (which it needs
> > in order to run properly) and then restarts the device.
>
> Is there some way I can check for this?

The only way I can think of is to compare the data in your captured
packets with the contents of the firmware file.  If they agree then you
have your answer.

>  There are some unusually large
> transfers in the capture (e.g. frame 24) but there are also some
> truncated frames (e.g. frame 3), I'm not positive if I can fix that or
> not -- I don't think VirtualBox allows me to modify the packet maximum
> length. If I'm the only one on this list with one of these devices I
> wouldn't mind doing the debugging/tests, even though that may increase
> the amount of time all of this takes... The devices are a bit expensive
> (but not ridiculously so), still within the (hopefully decently
> affordable) range.

Unfortunately, I'm too busy now to spend much time helping you with this
for a while.

Alan Stern