Re: Hardening the parser during enumerations

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 02:42:58PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> The parser we use to enumerate a new device has no hardening
> against nonsensical descriptors at all. This is a bit optimistic

When it was written, we trusted hardware, all we had to do was get it
working properly as all USB devices were supposed to have passed the
USB-IF's validation before it got to us.

Right now, we barely trust USB descriptors, if we wish to change this
threat-model, that's great, but I think a lot of work is still to be
done as you prove here.

thanks,

greg k-h