Re: Inquiry about tb/usb4 driver

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 02:03:38PM +0000, mohamed.rayan@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I have enabled the dmesg as per your instructions below,
>
> Kindly check the log as attached and let me know if you need anything else.

Checked now, thanks! Found this:

[  156.919971] thunderbolt: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
[  156.919991] thunderbolt: module verification failed: signature and/or required key miss
ing - tainting kernel
[  156.932195] ACPI: bus type thunderbolt registered
[  156.987694] TBT debug : ==> Start to enable MSI interrupt <===========
[  156.996266] TBT debug : ==> pci_alloc_irq_vectors is done <=========

This is something that is not part of the mainline kernel. First of all
Thunderbolt driver has been in the mainline for a long time so it
definitely is not out-of-tree module. The debugging also does not exists
on any of the trees I'm working on.

In other words, I cannot help you here.

If you provide me the same output on a mainline kernel with no
modifications I can take a look, sure.