Re: duplicate requests on host side while streaming via uvcvideo gadget

Hi Michael,

Quoting Michael Grzeschik (2024-02-06 21:30:17)
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2024 at 03:23:17AM +0000, Thinh Nguyen wrote:
> >On Tue, Feb 06, 2024, Michael Grzeschik wrote:
> >> Hi Thinh
> >>
> >> I found some strange situation while streaming via uvc-gadget to some
> >> usb host. It happens when some requests are missed due to higher load on
> >> the gadget machine. In some cases some requests will reach the host
> >> twice. In my special case, I added the following changes [1] for the
> >> host and gadget side.
> >
> >Does this only happen to some specific hosts?
>
> >Are all the data of the duplicate requests matching or just some bits of
> >the transfer? Were you able to confirm from some usb analyzer/sniffer
> >that the data out the wire is actually duplicate?
>
> Turns out, this duplicates are just misinterpretations.

I'm glad there's no deeper issue to worry about here.

> The linux uvcvideo driver will parse the uvc header payload twice. (If
> the FID was incremented inbetween). This led to those double misleading
> outputs. Although this means that there is a bug in
> uvc_video_stats_decode for incrementing the error count.

Do you plan/are you able to submit a patch to fix this?  Hopefully that
would prevent anyone else following the same rabbit-hole.

--
Kieran