usbmon support included in the Virtual USB Analyzer

Hi all usbmon users

Some month ago, here on the list was a mail about a new opensource tool to analyse log files for usb traffic, the Virtual USB Analyzer, with the hint it could be enhanced to support usbmon log files.

In the meantime I had some free work time to play around with this project and now there is a new release of it, including usbmon log file support.
Save your usbmon logs with the file ending "*.mon" and go!

You can download the version 1.1 from here:
http://vusb-analyzer.sourceforge.net/

The tutorial shows you some nice features of it and how to use filters for example (The tutorial don't name usbmon don't be irritated).

I did this work because of some nice features of the Virtual USB Analyzer:
- Side-by-side diff mode: visually compare two log files.
- Packet metrics and filtering tools.
- Automatic "tail -f" mode: follow log files as they grow.
- Loads large log files in the background. You can start browsing before the whole file is loaded into memory.

It would be nice if some more decoders would pop-up in the next months. If I find time for it, I will try to add a DFU class decoder.

Happy analysing!
Christoph--