Re: question on random MAC in usbnet

On 16.11.23 12:31, Bjørn Mork wrote:
Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx> writes:

A host using more than one usbnet device was also unlikely 20 years
ago.  So host unique was good enough in any case.

These factors have change a lot since then, obviously.

Yes.
I could be wrong, but I don't expect anything to break if we did that.
The current static address comes from eth_random_addr() in any case, so
the end result as seen from the mini drivers should be identical.  The
difference will be seen in userspace and surrounding equipment, And
those should be for the better.

In theory somebody might have a setup with multiple devices on the same
bus and using them getting the same MAC for seamless fallover.

	Regards
		Oliver