Re: usb-serial (ftdi_sio) warning, 2.6.31.6

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:59:49 -0500
Glenn Maynard <glenn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a usb-serial issue or a tty issue; I'm
> starting here, since it's usb-serial's warning.

I thought that check had been removed - the check is bogus (or should be)
as the port and tty are now refcounted.

> under process_echoes.  I'm not even sure why it's here, since ttyUSB0
> is -icanon.

At a guess the port got back into echoing because the termios settings
got reset on the close, rather than on the end of use. That probably does
want adjusting some day.

Alan