Update needed for pl2303 module (resending in plain text)

Hello,

CliniComp has a device which reports bcdUSB=0x200 and bcdDevice=0x400. This configuration is necessary for our product to support some legacy hardware.

In the pl2303 driver included with the RedHat Enterprise Linux kernel 4.18.0-477.10.1.el8_8.x86_64 , we added the following two lines to pl2303_detect_type function at line 449.
                case 0x400:
                        return TYPE_HX;

Would you please let me know if you are able to support our device in the pl2303 driver?

Regards,
Steven Turgetto

Steven Turgetto
Sr. Embedded Software Enginner

mailto:steven.turgetto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 [858] 775 8194
9655 Towne Centre Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
https://www.clinicomp.com/

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message.  Any other use by you of this email or the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.