Re: Disable an unusual_devs entry

Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The previous RockChip firmware didn't support sectors greater than 32KB.
>  It caused a USB device respawn and you were not able to mount the
> filesystem correctly. Nevertheless, the speed was quite fine, not so
> slow. It's weird that you see some very slow transfer rate.
>
> To be honest, I haven't yet test with the latest RockChip firmware and
> my devices are broken. Maybe RockChip has corrected this issue and we
> can upgrade this entry.
>
> @Andrey, if you make a new test and keep me posted, I will submit a new
> patch.
>
> On my side, I try to find a working RockChip based device to upgrade to
> latest firmware and make a test.

As Pete pointed out, it's entirely possible you two have different hardware
with different behaviors but the same device number. This is rare (and
evil), but it happens. We shouldn't remove this entry until a specific piece
of hardware that formerly needed this patch can be shown to not need it
anymore (through firmware upgrades, or some other magic).

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@xxxxxxxx
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss