Re: drivers/usb/class/usbtmc.c

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 06:23:31PM +0000, Joseph Lutz wrote:
> I am having some issues with the kernel driver "drivers/usb/class/usbtmc.c". I am trying to figure out who I can contact that would have information about how this driver is working.

Hi,

First off, please do not send html email, the mailing lists reject it
(as you found out), and it will not get to anyone.

> The script ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl drivers/usb/class/usbtmc.c​ gives me the following addresses which is why I am writing to you.
>
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (supporter:USB SUBSYSTEM)
> linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list:USB SUBSYSTEM)
> linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list)
>
> I am not certain whether I should be communicating with these email addresses or if I should be communicating with the individuals on the github sight. https://github.com/dpenkler/linux-usbtmc

If you look at the git history for the driver in the kernel, you will
see Dave Penkler <dpenkler@xxxxxxxxx> as a probably good contact.

So try resending your message, with the information you had before about
the problem you are seeing, to the lists and to Dave and in non-html
format and we can go from there.

thanks,

greg k-h