Re: OS Descriptor version in FunctionFS

Hi,

> Are you able to check what does Windows host actually see in bcd_version if
> it is set as "0x0001" at the FunctionFS gadget side?

I'm sorry, It is hard for me to check how the bcd_version value is handled
internally because I don't have a Windows development environment and I simply
don't know enough about Windows.
The least I can do is try to manipulate something and watch the behavior from
the outside. (e.g., if the driver was autoloaded by passing an Extended Compat
ID Descriptor with bcd_version=0x0001, this descriptor would work, etc.)

I forgot to write about the background in my last post.
Before trying FunctionFS, I had tried GadgetFS with a configuration that
included OS descriptor, and found that bcd_version=0x0100 worked (the Windows
host recognized it). For this reason, I thought the same descriptor would work
in FunctionFS, but was actually rejected by the kernel.

> And then, whether it does
> not complain because it sees what it expects or because it does not care even
> though it sees something it doesn't expect?

Since the Windows host appears to recognize both the value 0x0001 and 0x0100,
I guess the Windows host "does not care even though it sees something it
doesn't expect." I don't know which value the Windows host actually expects,
but since the MSFT document says bcd_version=0x0100, it probably expects 0x100.

Regards,

Yuta Hayama