Disabling per-device autosuspend

Hi folks,

I'm struggling with autosuspend on my Samsung phone in download mode,
as it apparently breaks heimdall/libusb on my Tumbleweed system. Here's
what I'm seeing:

- My device is autosuspended, because it has been idle for long enough.
- cd /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-4/  # my device's port
- echo -1 > power/autosuspend
- The device is reset and gets a new device ID.
  The current directory is no longer valid (becomes empty).
- cd $PWD  # it's still the same port, so the path is the same
- cat power/autosuspend returns the value of usbcore.autosuspend module
  parameter ("2" in my case).

I'm pretty this behaviour is wrong, although I'm not quite sure if it
ever worked better. So, is this parameter expected to be unusable for
disabling autosuspend for a specific device, or should I try to fix it?

Cheers,
Petr T