Re: USB regression: devices not initially recognized

Hi Oliver,

It ends up that the problem happens sporadically -- some reboots the
keyboard and bluetooth adapter don't work while other reboots it does.
 I tried variations of reboot vs suspend vs shutdown vs unplug power
and couldn't find a repeatable pattern.  Perhaps the problem is
related to Ubuntu trying to speed up the boot process which doesn't
wait long enough for the USB devices to respond.  My mouse always
works while my USB bluetooth dongle and keyboard (through a GASIA
PS2toUSB Adapter) do not.

I've been looking for a guide on how to do a "git bisect" on vanilla
kernels on ubuntu but haven't found anything that works well.  I
compiled a vanilla kernel but when I went to install the debs I was
warned that there already was a 2.6.28 kernel there and I would
overwrite it.  I would like to do a "git bisect" on the vanilla kernel
and be able to install them without conflicts.  Currently the problem
is showing up in about 25% of reboots.

Please direct.

Thanks.