How do disable VBUS

Hi,

I have an embedded system built around an NXP i.MX6ULL SoC. Within that system, there is a USB device that's hooked up to USBOTG2 (chipidea driver) of the SoC. This USB OTG peripheral is statically set to host mode in the device tree. The USB device is powered by a separate supply in addition to the VBUS supply. Now I want to make sure that VBUS is switched off whenever I switch off the main power supply. I have started to write a little platform driver which will do the sequencing. However, I'm struggling to find a way to switch off the VBUS supply given a struct device* handle which I have managed to get. Is there an API that I can use? I have confirmed that unbinding the driver via sysfs does achieve this, however, how do I do this programmatically from kernel code, perhaps without unbinding the entire device?

Best regards,
Sven