Re: [usb-storage] Toshiba G450 kernel patch

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 02:31:42PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 05:30:57PM +0200, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 05:13:59PM +0200, Peter Magdina wrote:
> > > However, one conclusion is here.
> > > If you want to put it only into userspace (without even patching option
> > > driver to support this device), then udev scripts must handle if option
> > > driver is already loaded or not and eventually load it and write new VID/PID
> > > to "new_id".
> > >
> > > If this whole handling is ok according to you, then I don't mind.
> > > But as far as there exists other VIDs/PIDs in option driver, it would be
> > > nice to put also this one there and than the only thing which will have to
> > > be done by udev script is to eject the device.
> >
> > I think it makes sense that usb-serial should have the VID/PID in it for the
> > modem.
>
> I agree, I'll queue up the patch that adds them.

Are there any potential conflicts between a kernel that has this VID/PID in
usb-serial, and a udev which attempts to add them at run-time?

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the problem is there's a nut loose on your keyboard.
					-- Greg to Customer
User Friendly, 1/5/1999