Re: [usb-storage] Toshiba G450 kernel patch

Peter Magdina schrieb:

I also tried this (I was thinking to use it in udev script):
/lib/udev/modem-modeswitch -v 0x0930 -p 0x0d46 -t option-zerocd -d
D: Found mass storage device:
D:   Endpoints: 2
D:   Class:     0x8
D:   SubClass:  0x6
D:   Protocol:  0x50
D: Found modem mass storage device '006'
D: 006: REZERO command sent.
D: 006: failed to switch device to modem mode.

This is used in /lib/udev/rules.d/61-option-modem-modeswitch.rules
but as you can see, it didn't work.

REZERO is the way to switch generic Option (the manufacturer) devices. The name of the "option" module is sometimes confusing; it's now the serial driver for practically all high speed wireless modems that are not using "cdc_acm".

"modem-modeswitch" is from Redhat and based on "ozerocdoff" from Option, which itself is based on "usb_modeswitch" but only focused on Option devices.

Josua Dietze
--
Man is the only creature on earth enabled to take a
warm meal while flying!                      Loriot