unable to get the debug messages from usb core files

Dear All,

I am not able to get the debug messages from the USB core files like
driver.c, message.c etc. I have followed the below procedure for
getting the debug messages from the core files. The kernel version is
2.6.30 and distribution is Fedora Core 8.

1)    I have made CONFIG_USB=m in the .config file before building the
new kernel image. By this, I got the files in the usbcore directory of
drivers/usb folder.
2)    I have added some debug messages through simple printk in
message.c and driver.c files
3)    Build the usbcore.ko file with make command in the
/usr/src/kernels/linux-2.6.30/ directory.
       Make M=drivers/usb/core
4)    Copied the build usbcore.ko file into
/lib/modules/2.6.30/kernel/drivers/usb/core directory.
5)    Reboot the system to affect every thing. It is also possible
without restarting the system by unloading all the dependent modules
then usbcore. But, I just restarted the system.
6)    Then, when I insert the PEN / THUMB drive I did not see my debug messages.

However, there are some messages in driver.c file with pr_info which
are displayed in the /var/log/messages. So, I also added with pr_info
API and performed the 3 to 6 above steps again. Even though, there is
no luck. I did not see my debug messages (newly added debug messages)
in the /var/log/messages file.

Please could any one let me know, if I missed any thing here.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Madhavi M.