Re: Toshiba G450 kernel patch

Yes, I have tried "eject" by hand and it works in the means
that device switches over to modem mode.
Than, because even switched device is not known by any module,
it is necessary to reload usbserial module with:
modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0930 product=0x0d45

After the command above all three serial ports are detected
and serial devices created (/dev/ttyUSB[012]).

As I already wrote in one email, I decided to create this patch
because I did not want to do all those tricks in userspace.
Imagine you already have some USB serial device plugged and running
and you decide to plug this one. I am not sure, because I don't
have much experiences, but I guess you will have to unload usbserial
module and load it once again with vendor/product params, don't you?
And what will happen with already using other USB device ?

And that's the reason I decided to create kernel patch which will
extend capability of kernel to recognize this device, switch it
to proper mode and give it to userspace in ready-to-use state.

Anyway, it's just my opinion and if main kernel developers decide
not to include it into kernel, I will have to find other way
to deal with this modem. Still I think that option module will
have to be patched to recognize this device as USB serial device.

Peter Magdina