usb disk drive disconnect making readonly

Hi,

Use case:
Boot from a USB disk and run for a day.
Sometimes the USB link disconnects and reconnects.
When it reconnects, Linux cannot use it, and the Linux kernel has set
the device mount to read only.
Is there any way to allow a USB disk to disconnect and then reconnect
it, and Linux carry on using it, and not set it to a read-only mount,
provided of course, that it knows that the same disk was reconnected
without being changed.
For example, I have a usb disk device that goes into power save mode
if not accessed for more than 15 mins. When I come back to unlock the
screensaver, it does not wake up the disk, but instead places it in
read-only mode. This necessitates me to reboot the PC to get it
working again.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

James