[BUG REPORT] usb: dwc3: Bug: Rock Pi 4 as gadget not working without intervention

Hi there.

I've got:
- a Rock Pi 4 https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4
- it has a type A port for otg (Ouch!)
- it has an otg switch to set host or device mode (locked at device mode)
- kernel v5.17.3
- dt overlay to set dr_mode=peripheral

What I want:
- use the Rock Pi 4 as gadget device
- providing storage, whereof the target can boot from

What works:
- if the target is up, it'll see the gadget if I enable it (ls
/sys/class/udc > .../UDC)

What doesn't work:
- if the target is up, just plug in the usb cable (new full-speed
device, device descriptor read/64 error -71, ...)
- boot from the gadget

So, I was willing to capture trace events for plugging in the usb
cable, but there're none. Though, trace events work in general as I
get them, when I enable the gadget (target is up and write to UDC).

Anything else I could try? Or could this even be a hardware limitation?

Thanks,
    Daniel

PS: I hope that wasn't to briefly.