Suggestions for allowing drivers to detect USB Type-C MUX (switch)

Hi all,

We would like to submit a patch series to allow drivers to detect USB
Type-C orientation/mux changes, but we received different opinions
from the maintainers and we are not sure how to proceed. I am sending
out this email to start the discussion and collect your feedback.

In previous works[1] by Jun, Rob suggested using general mux
controller drivers to support this. But, in later patches, Heikki
suggested moving the logic into Type-C MUX controllers
(drivers/usb/typec/mux.c).

Could anyone please suggest a direction for this patch series?

Please let me know if I misunderstood the background.

Best regards,
Pin-yen

[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-usb/list/?series=484785&state=%2A&archive=both
[2]: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/devicetree-bindings/patch/1604403610-16577-1-git-send-email-jun.li@xxxxxxx/