[no subject]

The hope was to have the PTN enable the SRC_EN when the USB-C cable is
connected to the hub.

> > connected to a PTN5110 for enabing power to the USB-C.
> >
> > SoC -> Hub -> PTN-> USB-C
>
> What signals of Hub chip connect to PTN5110 chip?

Technically, only the CC pins are connected between the USB-C
connector and the PTN5110.  There isn't really a connection to the hub
itself, but the output on the PTN enables a regulator which powers the
USB-C which does connect to the hub.

> > The hope was the PTN5110 would enable/disable the src_en pin when I
> > connect a device that needs power.  Unfortunately, most of the
> > examples I can see for the device trees on a PTN5110 show some sort of
> > connection to a USB controller, but  I am going through a hub, not a
> > controller.
> >
> > Is it possible to configure the PTN5110 to either not require
> > connection to a USB controller or plumb it to a USB hub?
>
> My understanding PTN5110(TCPCI controller with PD PHY) is independent
> with USB data path, for USB data path, I think it should be:
> SoC -> Hub -> USB-C
> PTN5110 should not care or know if there is a Hub between type-C connector
> and USB controller.
> If the type-C connector connects to a Hub, then it's a DFP only on data,
> and from power point view, you also only power source role, right?

Yes.  We're basically trying to source power when a device is
connected and power down the regulator when the USB-C device is
disconnected. Unfortunately, the PTN5110 never enables power even when
I specify it's source only with no sink.  The driver acts like it
needs some sort of USB node, and when it doesn't find one, and the
example device tree in the YAML file shows a refernce to the USB
controller.  I assumed I needed to plumb it to the hub somehow.  If I
am reading your response correctly, I should just add the node for the
USB controller and forget the hub exists, is that correct?