Using PTN5110 w/ USB Hub

I have a board with a dual role USB conttroller connected to a dual
role hub connected to a PTN5110 for enabing power to the USB-C.

SoC -> Hub -> PTN-> USB-C

The hope was the PTN5110 would enable/disable the src_en pin when I
connect a device that needs power.  Unfortunately, most of the
examples I can see for the device trees on a PTN5110 show some sort of
connection to a USB controller, but  I am going through a hub, not a
controller.

Is it possible to configure the PTN5110 to either not require
connection to a USB controller or plumb it to a USB hub?

thanks

adam