Re: Kernel 5.10 USB issues

Thanks Greg.

> That is usually a hardware problem, the kernel can not disconnect a
> device from the bus through software.

Understood, that is why I used the same HW to test both 4.19.75 and
5.10.59, that should rule out the HW problems, right?

> But, if 4.19 is working, can you use 'git bisect' between the two
> kernels to find what caused the problem?

My bad, I have never used git bisect before, a quick google search did
not help, the following command does not make sense at all, what are
right commands to check 'git bisect'  to find what caused the problem?

For 4.19 kernel
$ git bisect start
Already on 'linux-4.19.y'
Your branch is behind 'origin/linux-4.19.y' by 13117 commits, and can
be fast-forwarded.
  (use "git pull" to update your local branch)

For 5.10 kernel
$  git bisect start
Already on 'linux-5.10.y'
Your branch is behind 'origin/linux-5.10.y' by 2311 commits, and can
be fast-forwarded.
  (use "git pull" to update your local branch)

Thank you.

- jh