RE: issues with FS isochronous device behind HS hub

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Julie Zhu wrote:

> Hi, Alan,
> > > Hardware trace shows that only part of the submitted sitd's are in
> there
> > > when hardware going through the periodic frame list (and they all go
> > > onto the bus),
> >
> > If the hardware doesn't see all of the submitted sitd's in the
> periodic
> > list then how can it send all of them over the bus?
> >

> Exactly. That is what we are to find out. The software prints (almost
> useless) show that active sitd's are unlinked in sitd_complete().

So these sitd's were not completed by the hardware.  Have you tried
printing out the values of frame and clock_frame just before
sitd_complete() is called?

> > > however, software saw all 100 submitted sitd's being
> > > completed, and part of the completed sitd's have their active bit
> set.
> >
> > Are you sure that all the sitd's are added to the frame list quickly
> > enough?  If an sitd is added to a frame after the controller has
> > already started processing that frame then the sitd won't get
> executed.
> >

> Again, (almost useless) software prints show that the first sitd is
> scheduled about 29 frames away, which is 29 milliseconds, should be
> fine. And the first one is always there to be sent out, and it is on the
> bus too. It is the middle ones that are missing. And the missing starts
> when HS hub interrupt happens.

Maybe the controller doesn't handle split transactions correctly when
an interrupt occurs between the Start-Split and the Complete-Split.

> now_uframe sometimes overpasses clock in scan_periodic without roundup
> the frame list happening. Need to verify though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "roundup", but this should not be
possible.

Alan Stern