Re: issues with FS isochronous device behind HS hub

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Steve Calfee wrote:

> > We are using the existing kernel code. Our USB host controller is EHCI
> > with built-in Transaction Translator.
> >

> This is fascinating. How would ehci know how to run a FS isoc device?
> This comes back to my theory that the  ARC core does not have a TT, it
> just downshifts the speed of the transfer for a direct connect FS
> device.  Is there some standard ehci option for handling FS devices
> that I am not aware of?

> I need more info. What is the hardware trace? The fact that software
> sees some things as being there and your "hardware trace" does not
> suggests to me a cache coherency issue.

Steve, there's an important point you seem to be missing.  Julie is not
talking about a commercial EHCI controller.  This is a new controller,
being developed at Xilinx, using the ARC "embedded-TT" idea but
with (as far as I know) an independent implementation, still under
testing.

Alan Stern