Re: USB driver debugging

aditya uttam schrieb:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Tilman Schmidt<tilman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> printk is fine. To avoid the problem of the messages not making it
>> to disk because of a crash, collect them on a separate machine via
>> serial console or netconsole. It also helps if you switch to a text
>> console before you start your test. Then you can at least copy the
>> panic message from the screen by hand or with a digicam.
>>

> Could you please describe the sequence of steps to debug through
> serial console? I am currently using the 2.6.28 kernel version.

- Connect a serial port of the machine under test to a serial
  port of another machine with a null modem cable.

- Start a terminal program on the serial port of the other machine
  with parameters 9600 bits/s, 8 bits/character, no parity.

- Boot the machine under test with the kernel parameter
  console=ttyS<n>
  where <n> is the number of the serial port you connected.

See
Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
Documentation/serial-console.txt
for more details.