How to register a new "function" in configfs?

Hi All.

As a first step, I have been able to load a gadget on configfs, which
binds to the function "gser" (thus loading up the usb_f_serial module
when the gadget mounts). Things work well till here.

Now, I have written a brand-new gadget-side device-driver, trying to
create a new function "gusb", via DECLARE_USB_FUNCTION_INIT.
However, now when I try to load the gadget for binding to "gusb", I
get the error that the function cannot be found.

Seems that firing up a new gadget-side driver, that registers a new
function via DECLARE_USB_FUNCTION_INIT, is not enough to make the new
function visible across the kernel.

Kindly let know what I am missing.
Will be grateful for pointers.

Thanks and Regards,