Re: g_mass_storage module with large drives?

Hi Kim,

(please keep linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in Cc)

Kim Bak <kim.bak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Felipe
>
> I'm not sure who or where to ask this question so i write directly to
> you.

we should include the mailing list ;-)

> I'm trying to get g_mass_storage to work with a large backing file or
> device, but it seems to be capped at 2Tb.
>
> This is probably limited by the 512 bytes block size.
>
> Is there any way to get the module to expose drives larger than 2Tb?

Should be possible, yes. Care to share any error messages you might get
in dmesg?

Also, which kernel version and USB Peripheral controller are you using?

> The module fails to work with Xbox Series X, i might be able to write
> up a real bug report on this, but I want to make sure that someone

Seems like you're dealing with two bugs:

1) Large backing stores don't work
2) Fails to work against Xbox Series X

> actually reads it first :)

Yeah, there's a ton of people reading the mailing list. If you want to
maximize your chances of getting a reply, it's always a great idead to
Cc the mailing list instead of sending an email only to the maintainer
;-)

Cheers

--
balbi