Re: log usb device traffic, reverse engineer

2009/8/24 Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> This is indeed DFU.  The specification can be found at
> <http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/DFU_1.1.pdf>.
>
> There is a DFU downloading tool for other M-Audio devices:
> <http://usb-midi-fw.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/usb-midi-fw/madfu-firmware/madfuload.c?view=markup>

Many thanks indeed for the links.

> There might be a .bin file in the Windows upgrade package that you
> could use directly.  However, I don't know if this device has any
> quirks that would make it incompatible.

There isn't a .bin file. The upgrade package consists of a readme file
and a 17M .exe file.

> Does it show up in the output of "aplay -l" and "arecord -l"?
> Does playing/recording with these tools work?

Both playback and capture work with these tools. Do you know why audio
ports could not be seen by jack? Usually there is a neat inclusion of
ALSA ports into those available to jack. This case is somehow
different.

Best wishes,
Vladimir