Re: Chipidea USB device goes infinite loop due to interrupt while hw_ep_prime

Thanks for the answer Peter. I still have two questions.

1) There's a busy loop in hw_ep_prime to wait for endpoint priming. Is
it safe without timeout?

 192 static int hw_ep_prime(struct ci_hdrc *ci, int num, int dir, int is_ctrl)
 193 {
 194     int n = hw_ep_bit(num, dir);
 195
 196     /* Synchronize before ep prime */
 197     wmb();
 198
 199     if (is_ctrl && dir == RX && hw_read(ci, OP_ENDPTSETUPSTAT, BIT(num)))
 200         return -EAGAIN;
 201
 202     hw_write(ci, OP_ENDPTPRIME, ~0, BIT(n));
 203
 204     while (hw_read(ci, OP_ENDPTPRIME, BIT(n)))
 205         cpu_relax();
 206     if (is_ctrl && dir == RX && hw_read(ci, OP_ENDPTSETUPSTAT, BIT(num)))
 207         return -EAGAIN;
 208
 209     /* status shoult be tested according with manual but it doesn't work */
 210     return 0;
 211 }

2) We experienced an infinite loop in hw_ep_set_halt, which is called
at isr_tr_complete_handler due to an error encountered that we
reported in the previous mail. It seems that hw_write to set halt
fails. Is it related to the interruption while hw_ep_prime is running?
If we make a timeout for the loop and error return, are there any
considerations for the caller functions?

 223 static int hw_ep_set_halt(struct ci_hdrc *ci, int num, int dir, int value)
 224 {
 225     if (value != 0 && value != 1)
 226         return -EINVAL;
 227
 228     do {
 229         enum ci_hw_regs reg = OP_ENDPTCTRL + num;
 230         u32 mask_xs = (dir == TX) ? ENDPTCTRL_TXS : ENDPTCTRL_RXS;
 231         u32 mask_xr = (dir == TX) ? ENDPTCTRL_TXR : ENDPTCTRL_RXR;
 232
 233         /* data toggle - reserved for EP0 but it's in ESS */
 234         hw_write(ci, reg, mask_xs|mask_xr,
 235               value ? mask_xs : mask_xr);
 236     } while (value != hw_ep_get_halt(ci, num, dir));
 237
 238     return 0;
 239 }

Thanks.

--
황재호, Jay Hwang, linux team manager of RTst
010-7242-1593